The Gorsky Model
Hospitality House believes that relapse prevention is an integral part of a healthy recovery. John Looby, our on-site relapse prevention specialist, is fully trained in the highly successful relapse prevention model developed by Terence Gorsky.
A summary of this successful process is listed below:
- Client will gain a clear understanding of why relapse prevention is important to the recovery process.
- Client will learn more about the behavorial patterns and events that lead to relapse.
- Client will better be able to interrupt the patterns of relapse by learning how to identify and manage the warning signs.
- Client will learn how to develop a recovery program that supports ongoing identification and management of relapse warning signs.
- Client will better be able to interrupt the patterns of relapse by learning how to manage relapse warning signs utilizing analysis of the same and gaining positive coping mechanisms and skills.
- Client will learn more about how to successfully avoid relapse through the identification of relapse triggers and indicators and effective ways of coping. The client will review what he has learned thus far about relapse prevention, and will further assess where he is in his recovery process. Client will learn appropriate methods of confrontation, and demonstrate ability to use these methods in social situations.
- Client will review what he has learned and will share feelings, care and concern for self and others as he begins his transition from treatment to residential society.